Saturday, October 2, 2010

Just a taste of what's to come

I am presently grading papers written by my Old Testament class. The students were to discuss the Epic of Gilgamesh and Genesis flood narratives as examples of "primeval history", defined as stories meant to address questions universal to all humanity such as "what is the meaning of life?" I plan to present a master work of all the wonderful excerpts I'm amassing, but I couldn't resist sharing this student's confused reflection upon the texts.

“How can I rest, how can I be at peace” suggest that all humans have hearts that shows compassion for there loves ones and remorse for the ones lost. This also helps us us understand why life is so difficult and hard to comprehend at times but do you get a different answer. Maybe so, this primeval question has been and will still continue to be view and interpreted in different manners but still have a consist theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment